The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the law for the protection of privacy and personal data. Pursuant to this law, an organization that works with personal data has certain obligations and the person who owns the data has certain rights.
In addition to this general law, specific rules apply to privacy in healthcare. These rules are set out in the Medical Treatment Agreement Act (WGBO).
These privacy regulations are intended to inform you about your rights and our obligations that apply under the GDPR and the WGBO.
Praktijk van Dillen
In my practice, various personal data of yours can be processed. The purpose of this necessity is to ensure that the therapeutic treatment, file obligation and financial settlement proceed correctly.
The duties of Praktijk van Dillen
According to the AVG, Praktijk van Dillen is responsible for the processing of personal data that takes place in the practice. The practice complies with the obligations arising from this as follows:
- In principle, no processing takes place for other purposes.
- You will be informed that your personal data is being processed. This can be done by your healthcare provider and via the website (contact form).
- All employees within Praktijk van Dillen (currently only Anouk van Dillen) have committed themselves to treat your personal data confidentially.
- Your personal data is well protected against unauthorized access.
- Your personal data will not be kept longer than is necessary for proper care.
In principle, the retention period of your file is 15 years (from the last treatment), unless longer storage is necessary, for example for the health of yourself or your children. This is at the discretion of the practitioner.
Your rights as a data subject
You have the following rights:
- The right to know whether and which of your personal data are being processed.
- The right to inspect and copy that data (insofar as this does not harm the privacy of another person).
- The right to correct, supplement or delete data if necessary.
- The right to request (partial) destruction of your data. This can only be met if the retention of the data is not of significant importance to someone else and the data must not be retained on the basis of a statutory regulation.
- The right to add a self-declaration (of a medical nature) to your file.
- The right to object to the processing of your data in certain cases. If you want to make use of your rights, you can make this known verbally to Praktijk van Dillen. Your interests may also be represented by a representative (such as a written proxy, or your trustee or mentor).
Providing your personal data to third parties The employees of our practice (currently only Anouk van Dillen) have the obligation to treat your personal data confidentially. This means, for example, that the healthcare provider needs your explicit permission to provide your personal data. There are, however, some exceptions to this rule. On the basis of a statutory regulation, the healthcare provider’s duty of confidentiality can be breached, but also when there is a fear of a serious danger to your health or that of a third party. In addition, if necessary, recorded data can be exchanged orally, in writing or digitally with other healthcare providers (for example, the pharmacist who processes a prescription and thus receives information from our practice).
Data leaks are reported to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (AP) and to the data subject.
More information about your personal data?
More information about your personal data can be found on the following website: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/
If you have any questions about your personal data or about this privacy statement, you can contact the practice:
Drs. Anouk van Dillen GZ-psycholoog Seksuoloog NVVS
Praktijk van Dillen
Kasteel Genbroekstraat 18 6191 KT Beek
Telephone: 06 – 40 64 50 22
Created: May 2018